- Written on a bus somewhere between Cheltenham and London -
1. Whatever you do on New Years Eve will never be as amazing as you had hoped for.
2. Confidence is the sexiest trait a person can have.
3. Green tea and almonds help to make an effective all-nighter.
4. Travelling keeps you modest – this world is so much bigger than the little world you’ve created around yourself.
5. Complaining accomplishes nothing – promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.
6. If a task is going to take you less than 2 minutes, do it right away instead of putting it off. (Okay I’m still learning this one)
7. People think about you much less than you think they do. That being said, worrying about what they think is truly a waste of time.
8. Stop longing for the next season of your life and appreciate the one you’re in.
9. Insight means to overcome assumptions.
10. Continue to learn new things, always. Learn another language, go to a class, watch online tutorials, keep making yourself better.
11. Being rejected from something good usually re-directs you to something better.
12. Love is a choice, it is also a verb.
13. Invest in a few close friends rather than many acquaintances.
14. A good friend recently told me “time heals all wounds and distorts our perception of past events”. Very true – they say nostalgia is like a drug, it can be a poison or a remedy.
15. No matter how much you plan, you have no idea where you’ll be 5 years from now.
16. Red lipstick is an instant confidence booster. Also, investing in a good eyebrow pencil will change your life.
17. Don’t be afraid to ditch ideas that you thought were good.
18. Being introverted is not a bad thing, in fact the world could use more people who listen.
19. If you get a cold, eat a few cloves of garlic. You will be healed.
20. Stop kidding yourself – you do have time for exercise, and it’s important.
21. DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS.
22. Don’t live on your own. There will be a point when you think it’s a good idea, but it gets lonely really quick.
23. When trying on clothes in a store, if you don’t instantly love it, don’t buy it.
24. Mums usually do know best.